While there are plenty of do-it-yourself cleaning methods on the market, hiring a professional is among the safest, fastest and easiest options. Cleaning professionals who utilize CRI-certified carpet cleaning products as part of their cleaning process are recognized as Seal of Approval service providers. Using these providers is an easy way to make sure that your carpets are being professionally cleaned with products that will help maintain your carpet’s life and beauty.
At CRI, we recommend that you have your carpet deep cleaned every 12 to 18 months. This should keep your carpet at its key peak performance.
When you do decide to hire a cleaning professional, you might want to bear in mind the following:
- Be realistic about companies that advertise cleaning priced by the room. Charges should reflect the total area cleaned and room sizes vary greatly.
- Make sure you select a cleaning professional with certification from an organization that certifies professionals.
- Ask the potential service provider good questions, such as “How long have you been in business?” “What formal training is required for the company’s management and technicians?” and “Do you vacuum before deep cleaning the carpet?”
- Be sure to arrange for an in-home inspection and estimate before you commit.
- And most importantly, find out if the service you’re considering uses CRI Seal of Approval cleaning solutions and equipment. Seal of Approval products have been independently tested and certified to effectively clean carpet without causing any damage.