Here is the list:
- Prolongs the life of carpeting. Regular carpet cleaning using the extraction method can increase the life of carpets significantly, protecting your floor covering investment.
- Protects indoor air quality. Carpets trap airborne pollutants; however, eventually those pollutants must be removed in order to protect the carpet and maintain indoor air quality.
- Makes carpets easier to maintain. Most carpet soiling is made up of dry soils; when carpets are kept thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis, most dry soils can be removed with regular vacuuming.
- Removes spots and stains. As with other soils, spots and stains can attract more soiling. Removing them promptly protects carpeting from damage.
- Prevents buildup of allergens and bacteria. Moist soiling of carpets can result in the buildup of several unhealthy contaminants.
- Enhances the appearance of any room. Clean, well-maintained carpets speak volumes about the overall cleanliness of a home or facility.
- Improves worker morale. Workers feel better about their work environment when it is clean. This includes the carpeting.
- Makes carpeting look and feel clean and fresh.
- Removes dust mites and bedbugs that may have found a home in carpets.
- Maintains the carpet’s warranty. Most carpet warranties require that carpets be cleaned using the extraction method within a specific amount of time, usually every 12 to 18 months.
Carpets add so much personality to a room, and keeping the carpet clean can also add value in the long run.
The Carpet and Rug Institute has always encouraged folks to maintain their carpets regularly at a high level by having a maintenance plan.
By following the tips on this list, your carpet will contribute to a clean and healthy environment indoors and add lasting beauty to your home or office.